The Portland Reading Council supports local educators and collaborates with the community to promote equitable access to literacy.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization funded by membership fees and donations.
Membership Benefits Include:
- High-quality professional development events
- Funding to support Teachers as Readers Book Groups
- Mini grants to support Community Engagement Projects
- Funding to support classroom literacy grants
- Patricia Gallagher Children’s Choice Picture Book Award
- Educator Meet-Up opportunities
- Members-only listserv featuring teaching ideas and news of upcoming events
- The ORacle Newsletter
- Dual membership in the Oregon State Literacy Association
Thank you for supporting our organization.