You are invited to participate in an interactive and engaging professional learning event hosted by the Portland Reading Council. Learn practical strategies to use with your students.
Friday, October 12, 2018 – Statewide Inservice Day
8:00 am – Noon @ Multnomah ESD 11611 NE Ainsworth Circle, Portland OR
K-5 Session: Putting It All Together ~ Supporting Students in a Balanced Workshop Classroom*
6-12 Session: Motivating Discouraged Readers*
* Find session descriptions on flyer: Final Oct. 12 Flyer.2
$45 Member: Portland Reading Council $65 Non-member (includes membership in local council and OR State Literacy Assoc.) > Fees include continental breakfast and all resources. PDU certificate provided.
Questions? Please contact Penny Plavala: email@example.com 503-257-1777
We are happy to announce the leadership team of the Portland Reading Council for the new school year.
Officers include: Co-Presidents Kari Montgomery and Trish Pazdalski; Secretary Amy Morinville; Treasurer Laura Bush; and Membership Director Penny Plavala
Congratulations to Erinn Criswell and Sarah Dishner, winners of the Literacy Educator Scholarship! These outstanding graduate students attend Portland State University and are making a difference in the literacy lives of their students.
Benefits of membership include:
- Dual membership in the Portland Reading Council and the Oregon State Literacy Association (OSLA)
- Reduced registration fees for the OSLA Literacy Conference and local workshops
- Funding and PSU credit for Teachers As Readers Book Groups
- Funding for literacy-focused Community Service Projects
- Sets of books nominated for the Patricia Gallagher Children’s Choice Book Award to check-out and share with your students
- An invitation to nominate a peer for the Celebrate Literacy Award
- Networking opportunities at local literacy events
- A healthy Lending Library of professional books and DVDs
- Members-only listserv featuring teaching ideas, inspiration for your classroom, news of upcoming events
- and much more!
Save $35 with this membership special. (Regular price: $70 for 2 years)
Stay tuned for more information about these opportunities or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org