Would you like to host a professional book group at your school?
We have $100 available to off-set the price of books, purchase snacks, etc.
Learn more and download an application
We are honored to announce the leadership team of the Portland Reading Council for the new school year.
Officers include: Co-Presidents Kari Montgomery and Trish Pazdalski; Secretary Amy Morinville; Treasurer Laura Bush; and Membership Director Penny Plavala
Benefits of membership include:
- Dual membership in the Portland Reading Council and the Oregon State Literacy Association (OSLA)
- Reduced registration fees for the OSLA Literacy Conference and local workshops
- Funding and graduate credit for Teachers As Readers Book Groups
- Funding for literacy-focused Community Service Projects
- Sets of books nominated for the Patricia Gallagher Children’s Choice Book Award to check-out and share with your students
- An invitation to nominate a peer for the Celebrate Literacy Award
- Networking opportunities at local literacy events
- A healthy Lending Library of professional books and DVDs
- Members-only listserv featuring teaching ideas, inspiration for your classroom, news of upcoming events
- and much more!
Save $35 with this membership special. (Regular price: $70 for 2 years)
Stay tuned for more information about these opportunities or contact us at email@example.com