You are invited to participate in an interactive and engaging professional learning event hosted by the Portland Reading Council. Learn practical strategies to use with your students.
Friday, October 12, 2018 – Statewide Inservice Day
8:00 am – Noon @ Multnomah ESD 11611 NE Ainsworth Circle, Portland OR
K-5 Session: Putting It All Together ~ Supporting Students in a Balanced Workshop Classroom*
6-12 Session: Motivating Discouraged Readers*
* Find session descriptions on flyer: Final 4 October 12, 2018 From Striving to Thriving
$45 Member: Portland Reading Council $65 Non-member (includes membership in local council and OR State Literacy Assoc.) > Fees include continental breakfast and all resources. PDU certificate provided.
Questions? Please contact Penny Plavala: firstname.lastname@example.org 503-319-3127
Congratulations to Erinn Criswell and Sarah Dishner, winners of the Literacy Educator Scholarship! These outstanding graduate students attend Portland State University and are making a difference in the literacy lives of their students.
Benefits of membership include:
- Dual membership in the Portland Reading Council and the Oregon Reading Assoc.
- Reduced registration fees for the ORA Literacy Conference and local workshops
- Funding and PSU credit for Teachers As Readers Book Groups
- Funding for literacy-focused Community Service Projects
- Sets of books nominated for the Patricia Gallagher Children’s Choice Book Award to check-out and share with your students
- An invitation to nominate a peer for the Celebrate Literacy Award
- Networking opportunities at local literacy events
- A healthy ORA Lending Library of professional books and DVDs
- Members-only listserv featuring teaching ideas, inspiration for your classroom, news of upcoming events
- and much more!
Save $35 with this membership special. (Regular price: $70 for 2 years)
Download our List of Benefits: Membership Portland Reading Council
Stay tuned for more information about these opportunities or contact us at email@example.com