Each year, the Portland Reading Council honors individuals who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to literacy.
You are invited to nominate an educator or community member for the 2019 Celebrate Literacy Award.
Nominees will be considered based on the following criteria: professional practice; contribution to literacy; and attention to diversity.
Please submit a nomination form by April 3, 2019.
Eligible schools: All Multnomah and Clackamas County + Beaverton, Sherwood and Tigard-Tualatin
Would you like to host a professional book group at your school?
We have $100 available to off-set the price of books, purchase snacks, etc.
One graduate credit is available for $55 from Seattle Pacific University.
Learn more and download an application
We are thrilled to announce an opportunity for aspiring educators and literacy leaders.
Junior, senior or graduate students currently enrolled in courses at an accredited university or college pursuing a degree, certificate, or endorsement with a focus on reading (including those seeking ECE/ELEM Multiple Subjects credential) can apply for our Literacy Educator Scholarship with an award of $1,000.
Eligible colleges and universities: All Multnomah and Clackamas counties in Oregon
Download application: Literacy Ed Schol Application 2019
Deadline: February 6, 2019
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
We are honored to announce the leadership team of the Portland Reading Council for the new school year.
Officers include: Co-Presidents Kari Montgomery and Trish Pazdalski; Secretary Amy Morinville; Treasurer Laura Bush; and Membership Director Penny Plavala
Benefits of membership include:
- Dual membership in the Portland Reading Council and the Oregon State Literacy Association (OSLA)
- Reduced registration fees for the OSLA Literacy Conference and local workshops
- Funding and graduate credit for Teachers As Readers Book Groups
- Funding for literacy-focused Community Service Projects
- Sets of books nominated for the Patricia Gallagher Children’s Choice Book Award to check-out and share with your students
- An invitation to nominate a peer for the Celebrate Literacy Award
- Networking opportunities at local literacy events
- A healthy Lending Library of professional books and DVDs
- Members-only listserv featuring teaching ideas, inspiration for your classroom, news of upcoming events
- and much more!
Save $35 with this membership special. (Regular price: $70 for 2 years)
Stay tuned for more information about these opportunities or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org