We are thrilled to announce an opportunity for aspiring educators and literacy leaders.
Junior, senior or graduate students currently enrolled in courses at an accredited university pursuing a degree, certificate, or endorsement with a focus on literacy (including those seeking ECE/ELEM Multiple Subjects credential) can apply for our Literacy Educator Scholarship with an award of $1,000.
Eligible colleges and universities: All Multnomah and Clackamas counties in Oregon
Deadline: January 15, 2020
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
We are honored to announce the leadership team of the Portland Reading Council for the new school year.
Officers include: Co-Presidents Kari Montgomery and Trish Pazdalski; Secretary Amy Morinville; Treasurer Laura Bush; and Membership Director Penny Plavala
Would you like to host a professional book group at your school?
We have $100 – $150 available to off-set the price of books, purchase snacks, etc.
Learn more and download an application
Benefits of membership include:
- Dual membership in the Portland Reading Council and the Oregon State Literacy Association (OSLA)
- Reduced registration fees for local workshops
- Funding and graduate credit for Teachers As Readers Book Groups
- Funding for literacy-focused Community Service Projects
- Sets of books nominated for the Patricia Gallagher Children’s Choice Book Award to check-out and share with your students
- An invitation to nominate a peer for the Celebrate Literacy Award
- Networking opportunities at local literacy events
- A free Lending Library of professional books and DVDs
- Members-only listserv featuring teaching ideas, inspiration for your classroom, news of upcoming events
- and much more!
Save $35 with this membership special. (Regular price: $70 for 2 years)
Stay tuned for more information about these opportunities or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org