These college of education students were selected to receive a full registration to the ORA State Literacy Conference in February 2018:
Sarah Inskeep-Mueller, Concordia Michael Derheimer, PSU Nia Jones, Concordia Katie Lankham, PSU Gianna Mercadante, PSU
Join us for this conference featuring classroom-ready strategies to boost academic conversations and foster critical thinking skills.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Find registration fees and session details on event flyer: Final 3 ORA Conf. Flyer Feb 203, 2018
Contact Registrar Diana Sohn with questions about this event: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of membership include:
- Dual membership in the Portland Reading Council and the Oregon Reading Assoc.
- Reduced registration fees for the ORA Literacy Conference and local workshops
- Funding and PSU credit for Teachers As Readers Book Groups
- Funding for literacy-focused Community Service Projects
- Sets of books nominated for the Patricia Gallagher Children’s Choice Book Award to check-out and share with your students
- An invitation to nominate a peer for the Celebrate Literacy Award
- Networking opportunities at local literacy events
- A healthy ORA Lending Library of professional books and DVDs
- Members-only listserv featuring teaching ideas, inspiration for your classroom, news of upcoming events
- and much more!
Save $35 with this membership special. (Regular price: $70 for 2 years)
Download our List of Benefits: Membership Portland Reading Council
Stay tuned for more information about these opportunities or contact us at email@example.com
We are thrilled to announce the winner of our scholarship.
Krista Sutherland is a senior at Eastern Oregon University, Gresham campus.
A 4.0 student, Krista is working on her BA in Elementary education as well as Reading and ESOL endorsements.
Krista helped create the EOU Gresham Literacy Club which is dedicated to promoting literacy in early childhood and elementary aged children. The Literacy club is responsible for distributing over 1,000 free books to children enrolled in the Gresham area Head Start program.