You are invited to nominate an outstanding literacy educator for the Celebrate Literacy Award.
A one-page nomination letter is due by February 20th. Final CL Nomination form 2018
The criteria includes: professional practice; advocacy for literacy education; leadership in professional learning; and attention to diversity.
We have honored administrators, classroom teachers, specialists, librarians, etc. at our annual awards celebration in the spring.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
2017 Celebrate Literacy Award Winners
• Lindy Sproul, Boeckman Creek Primary, West Linn-Wilsonville • Tina Roberts, Gresham HS, Gresham-Barlow • Jennifer Poore-Bentley, Russell Elementary, Parkrose • Patricia Hill Welch, Branch Manager (retired), North Portland Library
We are thrilled to announce an opportunity for aspiring educators and literacy leaders. Junior, senior or graduate students currently enrolled in courses at an accredited university or college pursuing a degree, certificate, or endorsement with a focus on reading (including those seeking ECE/ELEM Multiple Subjects credential) can apply for our Literacy Educator Scholarship with an award of $500.
Applications are due no later than February 21, 2018 and only complete applications will be accepted.
Download Application: Final 3 Literacy Ed Schol App 17-18
Eligible colleges and universities: All Multnomah and Clackamas counties in Oregon
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of membership include:
- Dual membership in the Portland Reading Council and the Oregon Reading Assoc.
- Reduced registration fees for the ORA Literacy Conference and local workshops
- Funding and PSU credit for Teachers As Readers Book Groups
- Funding for literacy-focused Community Service Projects
- Sets of books nominated for the Patricia Gallagher Children’s Choice Book Award to check-out and share with your students
- An invitation to nominate a peer for the Celebrate Literacy Award
- Networking opportunities at local literacy events
- A healthy ORA Lending Library of professional books and DVDs
- Members-only listserv featuring teaching ideas, inspiration for your classroom, news of upcoming events
- and much more!
Save $35 with this membership special. (Regular price: $70 for 2 years)
Download our List of Benefits: Membership Portland Reading Council
Stay tuned for more information about these opportunities or contact us at email@example.com
We are thrilled to announce the winner of our scholarship.
Krista Sutherland is a senior at Eastern Oregon University, Gresham campus.
A 4.0 student, Krista is working on her BA in Elementary education as well as Reading and ESOL endorsements.
Krista helped create the EOU Gresham Literacy Club which is dedicated to promoting literacy in early childhood and elementary aged children. The Literacy club is responsible for distributing over 1,000 free books to children enrolled in the Gresham area Head Start program.